The overall cryptocurrency market continues to stay under pressure and has lost $400 billion over the last week slipping below $1.4 trillion. Slipping another 6% today, Bitcoin (BTC) is down 20% on the weekly charts and testing up crucial support levels at $44K.
At press time, BTC is trading at $44,692 with a market cap of $833 billion. Popular bitcoin analyst and trader Josh Rager notes that if the BTC price slips below $44K, its next support is at $40K.
Keeping an eye on the $44ks – tested once but a break below there likely sends price back down to $40k
And if price makes way to $40k – you know it's going to wick in the mid to upper $30ks
Could bounce here – but going to take it level by level/day by day pic.twitter.com/kGf12LshqG
— Josh Rager ???? (@Rager) February 26, 2021
However, CryptoQuant CEO Ki-Young Ju has stated that institutional players are likely to defend the $44K as a lot of players have entered at this stage. Despite Bitcoin remaining under pressure, the on-chain data for the world’s largest cryptocurrency continues to improve.
On Saturday, CoinGape reported that over 13K Bitcoins moved out of Coinbase to cold storage with Bitcoin liquidity further reducing. Another data from Glassnode now shows that miners have now stopped selling and rather started accumulating. On Friday, February 26, it was for the first time in 2021 that the net miner position turned positive.
Miners have stopped selling and started accumulating #Bitcoin
Yesterday was the first day since Dec, 27 when Miners Position change turned positive.
Miners were selling their bitcoins for two months.
— Lex Moskovski (@mskvsk) February 27, 2021
On the other hand, the “Bitcoin Reserve Risk” is only half-way through the peak of its 2017 levels. Analysts see it as a positive indicator and expect higher moves in coming months.
Updated #Bitcoin Reserve Risk
Can you feel what I'm feeling? ????
Big moves (jumps? leaps?) higher are coming in the next few months. Don't miss it.
**Not individual investment advice.**
— Jeff Ross (@VailshireCap) February 27, 2021
Ethereum (ETH) Tanks Below $1400, Major Relief in Gas Fee
Just like Bitcoin, Ethereum (ETH) continues to remain under major pressure and has slipped below $1400 levels today. At press time, ETH is trading at $1393 with a market cap of $159 billion. With this drop, Ethereum has lost all its February 2021 gains and is currently at levels seen during the start of the month.
The Grayscale Ethereum Trust (ETHE) Premium has dropped 5.21% and is currently trading at a discount. However, Grayscale has made aggressive purchases this month in February buying a total of 239,769 ETH worth over $356 million. But since February 20, Grayscale’s net assets under management (AUM) have dropped by $1.5 billion.
However, the on-chain data for the Ethereum blockchain also supports positive price action in the future. As Santiment reports, the Ethereum token supply continues moving away from exchanges.
Another important piece of data is that the Ethereum average transaction fee has significantly dropped from its all-time high above $37 last Monday.
???? A welcome sight for those who transact with #Ethereum-based assets: average fees have come back to earth after being at an #ATH $37.60 per transaction Monday. As $ETH ranged below $1,500 the past few days, avg. fees have returned to a reasonable $11.69. https://t.co/RytXIUIojJ pic.twitter.com/RHVIeh2EvB
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) February 27, 2021
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?