Bitcoin [BTC] drops by 9.1% as it breaks below critical support from the $6400-$6800 range. BTC price at 3: 30 hours UTC on 28th March 2020 is $6180.
Co-incidentally, the drop occurred in the hour following CME closing around 17: 00 hours CT time. The 1-hour chart on Coinbase shows how the price dropped by $300 (4.5%) just after expiration of monthly closing for March.
The futures market was largely in backwardation (lower prices into the future) since the drop on March 13. Presently, the prices are beginning to reach parity with the future months; the closing yesterday suggests neutral sentiments.
The CME contract expiry on 27th March yields negative prices suggesting that the traders likely closed short positions causing a sell-off.
The lower-time frames are particularly bearish, as uncertainty continues to linger on the overall markets. Tyler Jenk’s Lucid SAR indicator along with the break-out from the ascending triangle sounds alarm for further bearish moves. Prominent derivatives’ and crypto traders, XC, tweeted,
Multiple day range breakout here, if you’re bullish on $ you should be praying for a quick V back above the mid 65 lows. If not MS (Market Structure) is clearly flipped bearish on the LTF (Lower Time Frame) charts
Moreover, the resistance from the Lucid SAR is at $696x.
Moreover, the funding rate on BitMEX is plummeting towards the short-side, which creates an opportunity for whales to play long.
As reported yesterday on CoinGape, the markets are seeing a shift of dominance from the derivatives exchanges to stop markets. This liquidity indicator on Coinbase, suggests that the buy and sell side seems to be balancing contrary to the times before the fall.
In contrast, here's a 1000 $BTC spread of Coinbase.
Liquidity actually got better post the dump in this case.
Spot > Derivatives (for now) pic.twitter.com/dwhJhE9Sow
— Hsaka (@HsakaTrades) March 28, 2020
Do you think that the price will hold support above $6000 or will bears push it to swing lows? Please share your views with us.
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?