Bitcoin price formed a short-term top near $4,275 and declined recently against the US Dollar. BTC/USD is currently at a risk of a downside break below $3,980 and $3,900.
- Bitcoin price struggled to move past $4,300 recently and declined.
- BTC/USD is testing a key contracting triangle pattern with support at $4,000 on the 2-hours chart.
- BTC price is clearly at a risk of a downside break below $4,000 and $3,900 in the short term.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
There was a downside break recently from the $4,454 swing high in bitcoin price against the US Dollar. BTC/USD declined below the $4,100 support and tested the $3,980-4,000 support area.
The 2-hr chart indicates that the price bounced back later after forming a support above the $3,980 level. There was a break above the $4,100 and $4,200 resistance levels, but the price struggled to clear the $4,275-4,300 resistance zone.
Chart sourced by TradingView, Binance
A swing high was formed at $4,275 and later the price declined. There was a break below the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $3,695 swing low to $4,450 swing high.
The price even traded below the $4,100 support and the 100 simple moving average (2-hours). More importantly, the price is now testing a key contracting triangle pattern with support at $4,000 on the same chart.
A close below the $4,000 support and the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $3,695 swing low to $4,450 swing high is needed for sellers to push the price further lower.
The next main support on the downside is at $3,880, below which the price could test the $3,600 support area. On the upside, an initial resistance is at $4,075 and the 100 simple moving average (2-hours).
Therefore, to rebound in a positive way toward $4,500, bitcoin price must initially break the $4,075 resistance. Above the $4,100 resistance, the key barrier for BTC buyers is near the $4,275 swing high, above which the price is likely to accelerate above $4,400 in the near term.
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?