- Bitcoin price settles above $5,000 as consolidation commences across the crypto market.
- The formation of a bearish pennant pattern introduces new risks with BTC/USD likely to slide under $5,000 and $4,000 respectively.
Bitcoin price is presenting a couple of scenarios likely to leave most investors in confusion and dilemma. The entire weekend session saw $5,000 stand out as key support. Even though an assault at $6,000 failed to materialize in further gains, however, losses were stopped above $5,000. This has presented some semblance of stability for the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization. For this reason, some buyers are contemplating rejoining the market and contribute to pulling the price above $6,000.
The Pennant Pattern
Bitcoin formed a bearish pennant pattern. This pattern, when formed, signals a continuation of the former trend before the consolidation began. Bitcoin price is still under great risk of breakdown especially if the pattern support is shattered. Moreover, it could be catastrophic for Bitcoin if support at $5,000 gives in, which would encourage more selling, forcing BTC/USD down a painful path with a bearish target on $3,000.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
Bitcoin Price Technical Picture
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is exchanging hands at $5,278 amid a gradually growing bearish momentum. It is essential that the buyers defiantly kick Bitcoin above the pennant pattern resistance and focus on breaking the hurdle at $6,000.
Meanwhile, the prevailing technical picture suggests that Bitcoin price could continue to settle sub-$5,000. The RSI’s sideways motion between 30 and 40 emphasizes on a possible sideways action that could lead to a mundane choppy market.
Bitcoin Key Levels
Spot rate: $5,251
Relative change: -100
Percentage change: -1.92%
Trend: Bearish short term bias
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long