- Bitcoin price retests support at $34,000 after rejection at $36,000.
- The transaction history model reveals robust support roughly at $34,000.
Bitcoin price deals with an influx of selling orders on Thursday and toward the end of the Asian session. The recent rejection from slightly above $36,000 saw overhead pressure hover continuously while BTC sort higher support.
When writing, the pioneer cryptocurrency trades at $34,250 while dancing between two critical technical levels; the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) support and the 100 SMA resistance in the four-hour timeframe.
Bitcoin Price To Resume The Uptrend On Holding Key Support
The short-term technical outlook is bearish based on the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator. This technical indicator follows the trend of an asset and calculates its momentum.
Last week, the MACD sent a bullish signal as the 12-day exponential moving average crossed above the 26-day exponential moving average. The bullish outlook was later affirmed by the MACD crossing above the zero line and into the positive region, a situation that saw Bitcoin price lift beyond $36,000.
Meanwhile, a bearish signal has been flashed after the above-moving averages switched positions. Besides, the indicator is heading toward the zero line, which emphasizes the hovering overhead pressure.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
Despite the short-term technical picture being bearish, Bitcoin is anticipating numerous support levels, starting with the 50 SMA, holding at $34,000. The In/Out of the Money Around Price (IOMAP) on-chain metric by IntoTheBlock reveals that the region between $33,247 and $34,256 is a substantial support zone.
Bitcoin IOMAP model
On the upside, the resistance levels continue to weaken, which means that Bitcoin may eventually lift toward $40,000 in the near term. However, the support levels mentioned must be defended at all costs.
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $34,250
Trend: Bearish bias
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?