Store of Value
Velocity of total supply and of one-year active supply (i.e. the supply that has been transacted at least once within the last year) of bitcoin has reached lows not seen since 2011. Folks don’t want to part with their bitcoin.
The number of addresses holding more than 1 and 1000 BTC has also reached a new All-Time High (ATH). This is positive from a both retail and institutional perspective. Prominent trader, Filbfilb (alias) tweeted,
The number of addresses with >1 BTC (retail) and the number with >1000 BTC (HNWI / Institutions) has hit all-time highs, at a time when the number of BTC being held on-exchange is reaching new local lows and the inflation rate has recently been halved.
Notably, the time after the asset prices crash during mid-march due to coronavirus crisis saw a considerable increase in the number of addresses above 1000 BTC. This suggests positive buying action by “whales.”
The first entities to be affected by the halving are miners as their rewards are reduced in half. However, the miners are continually adding to the network, strengthening the long-term value proposition. On the supply side, the total hash rate and difficulty are at new highs. There was a brief drop in hash rates post halving, from which the network has now fully recovered.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery