BitMEX exchange released its final statement on the upcoming Bitcoin halving, the troubles that may face miners, and the implication it has to its users.
Less than 500 blocks are remaining before Bitcoin’s third halving and the community is showing impatience on what will happen post halving. Despite it being four years since the last halving in 2016, and price having soared by 1500%, the current sentiments and questions arising from the blockchain community are not that different.
Concerns on the effect of the halving range from miners’ survival, hash rate, transaction fees among other on-chain fundamentals. However, the current state of the global economy due to the COVID-19 lockdown pressures gives this halving a different angle to the previous halving events.
BitMEX Statement On Bitcoin Halving
One of the major talking points remains miners’ survival rate post-halving as the incentives are cut in half assuming BTC remains at current levels. With smaller miners expected to shut down, the hash rate, in turn, will be affected in the short term – currently the hash rate is at yearly highs of 120-125 Eh/s. Research published by BitMEX estimates the figure of the hash rate drop to be between 30% and 35%.
Due to decreasing hash rates, the transaction confirmation times will spike temporarily before the hash rate and difficulty adjusts accordingly. Due to this, BitMEX warns its customers that the exchange may face higher confirmation times on its withdrawals but expects this to be solved once the hash rates revert back to normal weeks after the event.
The statement reads,
“Given the likely hash rate decline post halving, at least for the first few weeks, users may see some delays to transaction times, and a subsequent increase in network fees for withdrawals.”
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?