The latest partnership between crypto payment processor, BitPay Inc. and Verifone Inc., one of the world’s largest providers of credit card machines, will provide the ultimate gateway to incorporate crypto payments into daily life. According to the companies’ Tuesday statement, towards the end of 2021, the crypto payment gateway partnership aims to begin accepting crypto payments for U.S. merchants, facilitating several tokens.
Protection from Crypto price swings
While the crypto industry consistently works toward extending decentralization into daily transactions, retailers are still scared off by the price volatility of the digital assets. Where El Salvador government implemented Bitcoin legal tender, it still lacked the assurance of profitable liquidity, which in turn led to anti-crypto protests. However, BitPay claims it will provide protection from such issues of price volatility and liquidity as the funds will be settled into the merchant’s bank account in traditional currency, immediately after a transaction is completed.
“We’ve always felt it was a matter of time before people had an expectation they could pay with crypto as they pay with Mastercard and Visa…This development will accelerate that. Consumers are going to just expect that to be an option.”, Stephen Pair, CEO of BitPay, said in an interview according to Bloomberg.
Potential Brands for Crypto partnership
Verifone and BitPay partnership agreement has not disclosed any terms and conditions or the timeframe for this crypto partnership. However, these two giants in their respective fields may come out with the most accessible payment gateway for crypto and non-crypto community alike. Furthermore, the companies have not stated any brands that will come under the crypto partnership payment gateway services, yet the market is flooded speculation about Verifone’s existing clients being part of the deal. These clients include big names like, American Eagle Outfitters, Macy’s, Williams Sonoma, Taco Bell, and Whole Foods.
“We just want to give consumers options…If they decide to buy a pizza with Visa or AmEx or crypto, we don’t care. We just want to give them the flexibility to pay the way they want to.”, Mike Pulli, chief executive officer of Verifone, said in an interview.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?