A London Hedge Fund with $55 billion in assets under management has become the latest institution to enter the crypto market, reported Financial Times. The hedge fund is looking to invest in blockchain technology and payment systems for cryptocurrencies as well as stablecoins.
Marshall Wace, the London-based institutional investment firm is reportedly looking to launch a private portfolio that will invest in digital finance companies. Wace might be venturing into the crypto ecosystem now, but the investment firm had already invested in Circle, the US financial technology firm behind the stablecoin USD Coin.
The hedge fund is talking to potential investors for its private portfolio and there is no clarity on the size and the launch date of the portfolio. The announcement comes just weeks after a recent survey that suggested that hedge funds would increase their crypto allocation by 7.2% in five years.
Wace to Focus on Stablecoin Infrastructure
A person familiar with the matter suggested that the focus of investment by the Wace group would be centered around building stablecoin infrastructure. The new digital asset venture would be headed by Amit Rajpal, chief executive of Marshall Wace. The private portfolio would be quite similar to its healthcare fund that invests in healthcare firms before floatation.
The crypto market has continued to gain institutional attraction this year despite a bearish downtrend in the market for almost two months now. The number of hedge funds, banking giants, and other investment firms investing in crypto continues to rise despite regulatory uncertainty from the government. This kind of funds not only help institutional clients to get crypto exposure but also ensures a complaint and secure product that big investors can invest in.
The UK hedge fund’s focus on digital asset infrastructure building especially stablecoins that offers a bridge between traditional finance and digital assets also signifies the growing focus of mainstream financial institutions to make an impact in the crypto universe. Over the past year, the sentiment of these traditional institutions has changed significantly who used to view the digital asset ecosystem as a speculative investment are now building bridges for their clients to get access to the crypto ecosystem.
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?