The Chinese central bank has reportedly shut down a software company based out of Beijing on suspicion of involvement in crypto trading activities. The firm was reportedly focused on the entertainment industry and had a token called Mao Li Coin.
The firm Beijing Qudao Cultural Development Co Ltd was ordered to seize all operations and their website was suspended as well. The order was issued by the Beijing financial supervision administration of the People’s Bank of China. The central bank in its statement said,
We have canceled a Beijing company that provides software services for virtual currency transactions and closed its website, no institution may provide services for virtual currency transactions.
The orders from the central bank warned institutions against offering any kind of office space or infrastructure assistance for virtual currency businesses.
China’s Crypto Crackdown Continue to Intensify
China’s crypto crackdown has been the talk of the crypto town for the past two months now. The world’s most populated country is notorious for issuing crypto warnings and banning virtual asset businesses from time to time. This year the ban was primarily focused on mining activities that led to one of the biggest Bitcoin miner exoduses from the country that hosted more than 60% of Bitcoin miners. As a result, the mining hashpower of the BTC network fell by 50% which led to the biggest mining adjustment in history.
When the crypto crackdown began in May, many foreign exchanges serving Chinese traders had to cut their service especially those offering leverage trade. However, the crackdown intensified with time and expanded to ban on mining as well.
Many market analysts beleive the reason for the recent ban could be the upcoming launch of the national sovereign CBDC Digital Yuan.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long