Corrects to reflect that Binance did not buy more Bitcoin, but that users deposited more tokens into the exchange’s cold wallet.
The balance of Binance’s cold wallet rose by about 101,266 bitcoins on Sunday, reflecting increased deposits by users onto the exchange.
The move comes amid increased selling pressure on Bitcoin, as prices of the world’s largest cryptocurrency slumped to their lowest level since late-2020.
At the time of writing, Bitcoin has marked an increase in its trading volume by almost 35% in the last 24 hours, with $44.4 billion worth of tokens moved, according to coinmarketcap.
BTC crashes below $20k, more pain?
On Saturday, the crypto market experienced a massive fall in the prices of its leading token.
The Bitcoin price plunged to $19k recording the lowest price of the year. Along with BTC, Ethereum also saw a slump in its price.
The increase in Binance’s Bitcoin wallet balance reflects more tokens being moved onto exchanges, possibly to be sold. Increased exchange inflows have been a recurring trend through this crash, as more traders cash in their crypto holdings for fiat.
The wallet is holding around 353,863 BTC tokens. The worth of the total makes up around $7.03 billion.
At the time of writing, the wallet has 335 unspent tokens.
This BTC wallet has been active since 8th December 2017 and is holding nearly 2% of the total bitcoins mined till now.
Bitcoin sees mild recovery, but downward pressure persists
Bitcoin recovered slightly on Monday, briefly trading above $20,000 as some of the selling pressure over the weekend eased. But the factors that have driven the token’s latest rout- rising inflation and Federal Reserve rate hikes- are still in play.
In addition to macroeconomic headwinds, concerns over mass liquidations of major holders in the market has also dented sentiment. The suspension of withdrawals by beleaguered lender Celsius, coupled with a potential insolvency of hedge fund Three Arrows Capital, has seen extended losses in the crypto space.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?