Eminem, one of the biggest rappers in the current generation is all set to join the NFT mania just weeks after his song was used in the Saturday Night Live (SNL) sketch to explain NFTs, as per a report by Billboard. The report cited the tweet of Nifty Gateway, a popular auction marketplace for NFT sales, which didn’t reveal many details about the aspect of the Eminem NFT.
Look out for more information and details to come👀 pic.twitter.com/GoZAPOID8F
— Nifty Gateway (@niftygateway) April 20, 2021
Non Fungible Tokens have become the latest sensation in the crypto space which grabbed the eyeballs after a digital artist Beeple sold his NFT art for over $69 million. Beeple’s NFT art sale propelled NFT mania into the mainstream following which several sports and music celebrities have either launched an NFT or are looking to launch an NFT.
NFTs first made their debut in 2018 and was primarily used for online in-game awards and as a sports fan token. However, this bull run has propelled NFT as a medium for artists to put their art on a blockchain and auction it for hefty sums. Apart from Beeple, Lindsay Lohan, Elon Musk, and American Football star have auctioned their NFTs until now.
The NFT Mania Continues
The cryptocurrency bull runs often lead to the popularity of unique use cases, 2017 was ICOs which at the time was seen as a revolutionary fundraising technique, and similarly, the 2021 bull run has led to the NFT mania attracting the attention of some of the most widely recognized pop stars and celebrities. This has also led to many comparisons between the two phenomena and believe the current NFT mania could meet a similar devastating end as ICOs.
Even during the ICO era, many mainstream celebrities including Floyd Mayweather and Dj Khaled who even went onto face legal consequences for their promotion of ICO events.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark