A new job opening by Google seems to confirm recent speculation that the internet giant plans to go big on Web3 technology this year.
In the past 24 hours, Google began hiring for a new role related to Web3 marketing, as seen on LinkedIn.
The role, titled “Head of Product Marketing, Global Web3,” will be responsible for marketing the internet giant’s Web3 push, and also play a key role in Google Cloud’s “annual plan for Web3”. The nature of the role indicates that Google has big plans a potential Web3 venture this year.
The job posting comes amid reports that Google Cloud vice president Amit Zavery said the company is forming a team to support Web3 and crypto technologies.
Google Plans Big Entry Into Web3 and Crypto
In a world where data is controlled by Big Tech and government, Web3 allows users to have more control over their data through decentralization. Moreover, the tech giant wants to establish leadership in crypto, blockchain, and Web3 by making Google Cloud the first choice of developers. The team will be led by James Tromans, a former executive at Citigroup. In fact, early efforts could include better management of blockchain nodes and software for exploring blockchain data.
Zavery wrote in an internal mail to employees, which was seen by CNBC:
“While the world is still early in its embrace of Web3, it is a market that is already demonstrating tremendous potential with many customers asking us to increase our support for Web3 and Crypto-related technologies.”
Google’s entry into the crypto, blockchain, and Web3 could revolutionize the growing innovative market. Moreover, it will help businesses and companies foray into the crypto and Web3 market, allow developers to build better and more secure products, and enable people to use these technologies confidently.
However, people interacting with the market considering the permissionless and trustless system that gives more freedom in the digital world, the entry of Google may be a cause of concern. But, the company has cleared its intention to not be part of the cryptocurrency industry directly.
Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai in January said of plans for a Digital Assets Team to explore NFTs and crypto payments. Now, the company is building a global Web3 team to capitalize on the opportunities.
Web3 Space Brings Huge Promise
Companies, investors, and others are jumping into the Web3 space which holds a better future. Companies such as JPMorgan, Amazon, Starbucks, as well major crypto players including Coinbase, Binance, and Chainlink Labs see huge promise in the Web3.
Google’s web3 entry has brought mixed reactions from investors, the crypto community, and developers.
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?