Hours after Spanish Court approved the extradition of John McAfee to U.S., the creator of Antivirus was found dead in his Brians 2 prison cell. He was seventy five years old and was arrested at El Prat Airport in Barcelona October last year.
Suicide Possible Cause of Death
As reported by news source, The department of justice in a statement said, “Everything indicates that it could be a death by suicide”. Earlier this morning the National Court has given permission to finally extradite McAfee to US. McAfee was extradited to US for alleged tax evasion by hiding his real income between the years 2016-2018.
Though during the extradition hearing McAfee said that he was victim of political persecution for disclosing corruption in the tax system. He claimed he has paid millions in dollar as taxes to US govt.
In his possibly the last tweet, the Antivirus creator, revealed that he holds no crypto and that US govt. has seized his all assets. He said,
“I have nothing. Yet, I regret Nothing”
The US believes I have hidden crypto. I wish I did but it has dissolved through the many hands of Team McAfee (your belief is not required), and my remaining assets are all seized. My friends evaporated through fear of association.
I have nothing.
Yet, I regret nothing.
— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) June 16, 2021
John McAfee is one of the most vocal crypto proponents, albeit, highly controversial. The programmer was the pioneer of the Ghost coin project, a privacy-focused and decentralized cryptocurrency that was launched in 2017.
Edward Snowden, the famous NSA whistleblower has responded to McAfee’s death and criticized the unfair trial process for non-violent crimes. he warned that Julian Assange could be the next victim of this harsh process. He revealed cruelty of prison system is so harsh that defendants would rather die than become subject to it.
Europe should not extradite those accused of non-violent crimes to a court system so unfair—and prison system so cruel—that native-born defendants would rather die than become subject to it. Julian Assange could be next.
Until the system is reformed, a moratorium should remain. https://t.co/tUociySmVy
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) June 23, 2021
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?