Ethereum-competitor Cardano has now become the world’s fifth-largest cryptocurrency unsettling Tether (USDT). Cardano (ADA) has surged 17% today hitting its new all-time high of $2.18 with its market cap hitting $69.2 billion for the very first time.
The cryptocurrency is just marginally away from toppling the recently popular Dogecoin (DOGE). Over the last week, Cardano has registered solid returns with its price gaining more than 33% on the weekly charts. It has also been one of the top-performing cryptocurrencies in 2021.
Cardano’s ADA has given nearly 13x returns year-to-date or we can say 1200% return since the beginning of 2021. Meaning, Cardano has even surpassed the top-most altcoin Ethereum (ETH) by a good margin of nearly 3x.
This price rally in Cardano has been backed by strong network developments taking place over the last few months. Besides, Cardano has been making inroads to the underprivileged markets of Africa offering its blockchain solutions. in the country.
Cardano’s Penetration in South Africa
Last month, Cardano’s parent company IOHK announced its partnership with the World Mobile Group to make inroads in the African market like Ethiopia and Tanzania. Using the Cardano blockchain, Africans will be able to create digital identities, mobile and internet connections, as well as enhancing financial acceptance within the community.
CEO of Wold Mobile Micky Watkins said:
”World Mobile has built network based on a new relationship between people and connectivity in which ownership, governance, and identity work to empower the user and make access available to all in a sustainable way. I am delighted to have formed this symbolic partnership with Input Output. Together our efforts will open a new world.”
Besides, IOHK also announced its partnership with the Ethiopian government for developing a blockchain-based system that tracks students’ educational progress in the country. Cardano’s identity solution protocol will help to track educational efforts across 3500 schools with 750,000 teachers and 5 million students.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%