Cardano’s ecosystem growth is exceeding even the expectations of its strongest believers. Charles Hoskinson, the CEO of Input Output Global (OIG), has declared that he was wrong about how many dApps and native assets would host.
Charles Hoskinson reiterates that ‘slow and steady’ approach is winning
Back in 2020, Hoskinson predicted that in 2021 the Cardano ecosystem would be exciting to be a part of as there would be “hundreds of assets, thousands of dApps, tons of interesting projects and lots of unique and utility.”
In a tweet today he reviewed the forecast. The Cardano co-founder revealed that the ecosystem had breezed past all the benchmarks. There are now millions of native assets and hundreds of dApps, he said.
He made the claim while pointing out the supporting data shared by Morgan Schofield, the head of ecosystem growth at IOG. From IOG’s dashboard, the Cardano blockchain has now seen the minting of over 4 million NFTs, with around 50,000 distinct minting policies.
While Hoskinson capped off his boast with the Cardano’s often cited slogan – Slow and steady – Schofield noted that as the network scales throughput, the pace of native assets minting will increase.
Interestingly, this marks the second time Hoskinson has revisited the 2020 prediction. Last year, he also pointed out that there were thousands of assets on Cardano while replying to an observer who held that the prognosis had failed to materialize.
Since then, Cardano has come a long way. The network has seen the launch of several functional dApps in the form of NFT marketplaces, DEXs, and utility platforms, that are utilizing its smart contracts capabilities. The blockchain is also gaining massive traction as indicated by ADA wallet addresses that have surpassed 3 million per data from Cardano Blockchain Insights.
The price of ADA crosses the dollar mark
The price of ADA has been holding strong in the market this month. ADA is up 9.92%, with the price crossing the elusive dollar mark to now stand at $1.07 on the day.
The ADA surge represents a more than 35% increase from its lowest price this month of around $0.75.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3