The past few years have seen the dawn of a new era that has been inspired by the evolution of an unprecedented technology called Blockchain technology. When you hear the term blockchain, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Well, most of us might link blockchain to cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Etherium. While it is true that blockchain was first developed to account for Bitcoin – the most popular cryptocurrency, it has various other uses as well that most of the people don’t know about.
What is blockchain technology?
For those who don’t know what blockchain means, it is a distributed database that can store any type of record. The best about it is, users can only edit the parts that they own, which makes the technology very secure. While it is secure, it is transparent as well, since anyone with the access can see what’s stored. Blockchain technology, which was first developed to protect the cryptocurrencies has now expanded beyond the financial sector and many industries are exploring how leveraging blockchain could help them. Here are some instances where blockchain technology is used:
- It is used for keeping digital records.
- Used in inter-organizational data management.
- Used by stock market regulators to authorize transactions through compliance regime.
- Financial institutions use it for audit trails.
- It is used as a platform for smart contracting.
Why choose a career in blockchain?
The active embracement of the blockchain technology across various industry sectors has been instrumental in making blockchain popular. It has also created a lot of job opportunities for people who can work on the technology. As per reports by Upwork – a worldwide freelance website, blockchain featured in the top position of 20 Fastest Growing Skills on Upwork.
Another study from TechCrunch found that careers related to blockchain are increasing rapidly and they are the second fastest growing career option in the labor market. While there are increasing opportunities in the blockchain technology, it might be safe to say that it’s still a new career path. However, owing to the technological advancements, it might not be wrong to say that blockchain is a revolutionary technology that can drive the future. Therefore, it is the best time to learn about the technology and start off your career in blockchain that shows a lot of promise for the future.
How to start your career in Blockchain technology?
Now that you know about blockchain technology, its uses, and the number of opportunities it can provide, you might want to make a career in the blockchain industry. Well, if that’s the case here’s how you can start your career in blockchain:
- Get educated on blockchain technology
Since blockchain technology is still very new, people looking for a career in the technology will have to understand the nuances of the technology. The best way of doing it is by continuously improving your skills, and since blockchain is also evolving rapidly every day, it is crucial to stay up to date with all the recent updates and advancements in the field. Therefore, it might be a good idea to get educated in the technology and its nuances. Here are the things that you need to get yourself educated in to start your career in the blockchain industry.
- Understand the fundamentals of blockchain technology
Unlike other technologies that are thriving today, blockchain comes with a unique value proposition. Therefore, basic understanding of blockchain is crucial to start your career in the technology. You need to know the features of blockchain technology, including Smart Contracts, decentralization, and Daps, which are essential to start a career in the blockchain industry.
The best way of learning the fundamentals is to opt for a blockchain certification training course. Also, certification courses are better than going for a formal education that requires you to attend classes regularly.
- Get trained in cryptography
As the world is moving from more of a physical sphere to becoming a digital sphere, cryptography has become more significant. Blockchain heavily depends on cryptography to facilitate the protection of digital assets, which is one of the most important things that the distributed ledger technology does. Therefore, getting trained in cryptography provides you a headstart to get into blockchain industry. You can learn cryptography through various online certification courses that are available today.
- Get knowledge about Distributed Computing Theory and how it works
Security and reliability, today, have become the two most important factors that have an impact on organizations, users, and the world as a whole. There have been many studies to find a solution that could provide security and reliability, and distributed computing has emerged as one of the possibilities. It has certainly helped blockchain to become secure, fast, and reliable. Although distributed computing is far from being a refined practice, it is important that you know about it since it can help you develop solutions to the problems that you can come across in future.
- Join the blockchain community
Cryptocurrency and blockchain have many successful communities that promote the new technology while helping their growth and popularity. Today, you can find numerous cryptocurrency projects that function as an on-the-job training mechanism for the students learning and studying blockchain technology. You can use these projects to hone your skills in the blockchain technology, which will also provide you an opportunity to network and engage with the people who are already working in the field. It is a great way to know more about the blockchain industry and how you can start your career in it.
- Create your own blockchain career path
It goes without saying that there are a lot of job opportunities in the blockchain industry at present and there will be more opportunities coming your way as the time flies by. However, jobs are not the only thing that the blockchain technology holds. It can provide a great chance for the people who are studying technology to create their own career path.
There you go, these are some of the best ways that can help you start your career in the blockchain industry. Undoubtedly, the future holds many interesting opportunities for the people knowing and working in the blockchain industry. Therefore, it might be right to say that it is high time that you pursue this technology and grab the opportunities that come your way with both your hands.
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- Bitcoin (BTC) Fails to Hold $30,000 Again, Guggenheim CIO Predicts A Crash to $8000
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token