If you’re at all thinking of any profit-booking at this time, just hold-on Ethereum (ETH) investors as the rally might be just getting started. Ethereum whales are coming in big numbers to swallow up all the liquidity at this time. Cryptocurrency on-chain data provider Santiment has noted that while ETH has crossed $750 levels for the first time in 31 months, the number of ETH addresses holding 10,000+ ETH has spiked significantly over the last two months.
With $ETH crossing $750 for the first time in 31 months, we've discovered that there are 39 more #Ethereum addresses holding 10,000+ $ETH compared to just 2 months ago. Meanwhile, the amount of addresses holding 1-10,000 $ETH have shrunk over this time. https://t.co/H2bp5UHRaV pic.twitter.com/Tr7wiYsUO7
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) December 31, 2020
Sadly, retail investors have been booking profits at the same time with every rise in ETH price. As it happens, retail investors have been losing their holdings to giants and could probably missout on further rally ahead. Several on-chain indicators hint that the ETH is becoming an even more favorable investment asset with each passing day.
Earlier on Monday, December 28, Santiment also noted that ETH supply on exchanges has hit a 1.5 year low. The drying up of ETH liquidity and rising demand has pushed its price higher.
???? On what is normally the slowest trading day of the week, #Ethereum cracked $700 on a great #altcoin Sunday for the first time since May 19, 2018. $ETH miners balances are at a 2-year low & supply on exchanges at a 1.5-year low. Both great validators. https://t.co/IJz54tjP0Q pic.twitter.com/5xQMAyz83j
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) December 28, 2020
As per another on-chain analysis platform Glassnode, nearly 90% of the total ETH addresses are now in a state for profit. This has happened for the first time since January 2018. Interestingly, to give readers a perspective, only 3.2% of Ethereum addresses holding ETH were in profit earlier this year in March 2020.
90% of all #Ethereum addresses (~47 million addresses) holding ETH are now in a state of profit.
This number has never been this high since January 2018.
Just in March of this year, only 3.2% (!) of all ETH addresses were in profit.
— glassnode (@glassnode) December 28, 2020
Still don’t believe us that it’s the right time to invest in Ethereum (ETH)? This is what Bitcoin billionaire Tyler Winklevoss has to say about ETH.
— Tyler Winklevoss (@tyler) December 31, 2020
At CoinGape we recently reported that institutional money inflow into Ethereum is real and just getting stronger every day. In his recent podcast episode, popular crypto investor Ryan Sean Admas noted that public-traded institution Ether Capital has recently raised an additional $125 million to buy more ETH.
On the other hand, despite the launch of Ethereum 2.0 in early December 2020, Ethereum miner activity has spiked on the existing blockchain. The Ethereum hash-rate has seen a major surge along with its price and is nearly 100% up since the beginning of 2020. Well, also thanks to DeFi!
— Rafael Schultze-Kraft (@n3ocortex) December 29, 2020
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?