The latest update in the Chinese crypto ban saw the largest crypto exchange platform, Huobi completely shut down futures, contracts, and other derivatives services for all Chinese users. Furthermore, according to previous notice from the exchange, the withdrawal function for mainland Chinese users will continue to be reserved for 1 to 2 years.
However, the company warned its users to close their positions prior to the deadline to prevent the risk of potential market fluctuations before settlement. In lieu of regulatory crackdown, Huobi’s phased closure is now nearing its end, which unfortunately also means the end of the decentralized era in authoritarian China.
“In response to local government regulatory policy requirements, Huobi Global will complete an orderly liquidation and withdrawal under the premise of ensuring the safety of user assets in mainland China. Users can rest assured that your assets in Huobi Global will be 100% redeemed and withdrawn.”, earlier this month, Huobi noted in a community release.
Exchanges in China wave the white flag
Last month, Huobi waved the white flag to Chinese regulators, announcing the suspension of new account openings for mainland China users. China’s largest exchange will further suspend all deposit functions by December 14, followed by the shutdown of spot trading services by December 15, 2021. Additionally, the closure of even the existing accounts of mainland China users will be completed by midnight on Dec. 31, 2021.
The People’s Bank of China issued guidelines to completely banish the “illegal” and “highly speculative” digital assets. Along with Huobi, another crypto exchange giant that gave in to the regulatory pressure was Binance. After suffering from a global regulatory crackdown, Binance announced the suspension of account registrations using Chinese mobile phone numbers through the Binance app or website. Furthermore, the Binance app is also unavailable for download in China. According to the Chinese Journalist, Colin Wu, more than 20 crypto companies have disabled services for Chinese users, but the government’s crackdown has continued to expand which is expected to end with the end of crypto in China.
China Securities Daily: Over 20 cryptocurrency companies announced their withdrawal from the Chinese market. https://t.co/8VxaZ9Qb2S
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) October 8, 2021
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?