As more and more investors warm up to Ethereym, the Chicago Mercantile Group (CME) will expand its crypto derivatives offerings introducing the Micro Ether Futures next month on December 6.
Sized at one-tenth of one ETH, the product offering seeks to provide an efficient and cost-effective way for retail and institutional players to trade the Ether derivatives. The announcement comes just at a time when Ether (ETH) is trading at its all-time high levels above $4600 levels.
The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency has been rallying strongly over the last month and has entered a new price discovery zone. Earlier this year in February, the CME Group launched the first Ether Futures in the market. Speaking of the recent development,
The new Micro Ether futures from CME Group will track will be cash-settled based on the CME CF Ether-reference rate. Tim McCourt, CME Group Global Head of Equity Index and Alternative Investment Products said:
“Since the launch of Ether futures in February, we have seen steady growth in liquidity in these contracts, especially among institutional traders. At the same time, the price of ether has more than doubled since these contracts were introduced, creating demand for a micro-sized contract to make this market even more accessible to a broader range of participants. Micro Ether futures will offer even more choice and precision in how they trade Ether futures in a transparent, regulated and efficient manner at CME Group.”
Previously, the CME Group has already launched the micro Bitcoin futures back in May. This derivatives product has traded more than 2.7 million contracts as of date.
Ethereum Futures ETF Coming?
Amid the recent launch of the bitcoin futures ETF, there’s been a strong demand currently in the market for introducing a similar derivatives product for Ethereum. As per the latest report, the Ethereum futures derivative product could be arriving very time soon by the first quarter of 2022.
The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency has been one of the top performers this year in the market. analysts predict that the ETH price can touch $10K by the end of the year.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3