Ripple has broken above its crucial resistance level of $0.50 after a rough past week. Meanwhile, Coinmarketcap has replaced Ripple with XRP from its site making a differentiation between Ripple & XRP.
A differentiation between Ripple & XRP?
Last week, Coinmarketcap, a popular site that provides cryptocurrency market capitalizations removed Ripple from the list and replaced it with XRP. This indicates a differentiation by Coinmarketcap, at least, between Ripple and XRP.
David Schwartz, the chief cryptographer at Ripple took to Twitter to show his gratitude towards Coinmarketcap for making this move.
— David Schwartz (@JoelKatz) July 3, 2018
This obviously raises the hope of people that Ripple is not a security but it is far from over as the Coinmarketcap is a private website and doesn’t hold any influence over determining the nature of cryptocurrency.
A Ripple enthusiast JZay asked “Now it’s officially not a security! Right??” To which another user James Macaulay commented with, “Not in the slightest. Wish that it were though….”
While another Ripple enthusiast Shahzad Khan Tajik shared,
“Thanks to you & for your team effort for making it clearing the Community Vision.”
Ripple springs above $0.50
The world’s third-largest cryptocurrency Ripple has been struggling just below $0.50 price mark for the past few days. However, it has finally crossed this crucial resistance and at the time of writing has been sitting at $0.5075.
Up by 11.14 percent in the past 24-hours, it has also been running in the green by 5.78% in the BTC market as well. With a market cap of $19.9 billion, it has been managing the daily trading volume of about $430 million.
Ripple has been restoring strong gains and reaching this critical level means short-term sellers will make their appearance. It further means Ripple might see a selling pressure.
At this point, Ripple is overbought which means a correction is in order which is likely to see XRP price to hit just below $0.50. However, in the long term, for Ripple to continue its journey to $1, it will face resistance at $0.560 and further at $0.60. For the time being, Ripple is moving upwards in tandem with other cryptocurrencies which are surging between 5 to 12 percent.
What do you think of Ripple’s break above this resistance level? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?