Bitcoin [BTC] logs a 7% increase in the last four hours of April 1, 2020, with the price shooting to highs at $671x.
The surge caused short order liquidations to the tune of $27 million on BitMex in the last six hours. Anthony Elia, Co-Founder of the digital asset management firm, FinanceDA, tweeted,
Things are coinciding pretty well for the yearly April Fools day pump. #bitcoin
— Anthony Elia ? (@huobi) March 24, 2020
Only a year back, Bitcoin began a series of short-squeezes as it turns from bearish sentiments to a completely bullish trend. After the 18.45% rise on 2nd April 2019 from $4100 to highs at $5000, the second bullish consolidation leg began on Bitcoin.
The rise at the point of time coupled with bearish sentiments post the coronavirus dump seems analogous. Currently, BTC price needs to successfully break above its range and resistances to completely replicate the move.
Resistances left to Conquer
There is still resistance from the range highs at $6,800-7,000, and from the 200-Day Moving Average around $8190. Moreover, it seems to be forming an ascending triangle with a series of higher lows indicating bullish consolidation. A break-out successful break-out would target $8,700s.
Trading analyst, Josh Rager, tweeted on his trading plan,
From support straight into resistance I’m holding off making the next move until we can see follow up through this level, otherwise, it’s just going to break down here
Needs to hold $6600s
Moreover, the pump last night was not correlated to the stock markets which opened with a bearish gap and closed red (down 4.7%). Nevertheless, it might still be too early to confirm de-coupling from SPX, Josh Rager added,
Not 1.0 correlation, closer to 0.43 – so still see some influence on $
The current macro environment projects uncertainty due to the economic effect of Coronavirus. However, in case it turns out to be a recession, the prices of all assets are likely to be hit further.
Do you think Bitcoin price will from resistance or the bullish action continue? Please share your views with us.
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?