Dogecoin (DOGE) rallied from a one-month low on Monday as reports suggested Twitter could accept Elon Musk’s offer by as soon as Monday.
DOGE tends to react positively to any news on the Tesla CEO, who recently revealed he had holdings in the token. But Musk’s acquisition of Twitter may be particularly positive for the coin, given that the world’s richest man has expressed interest in incorporating DOGE into the platform.
DOGE on Twitter?
After acquiring a 9.2% stake in Twitter earlier this month, Musk had toyed with the idea of introducing a monthly subscription service for the site. Musk proposed an option to pay for the service in DOGE.
Musk also proposed a feature that allows tipping Twitter users in DOGE. The social media site currently allows users to tip in Ethereum.
The Telsa CEO is a fan of DOGE and has featured the token in several Tesla roadshows and events. Musk’s interest in the memecoin, particularly through his tweets, also helped it become the 11-th largest crypto by market capital.
Musk has big plans for Twitter
Musk has posited big plans for Twitter, beyond just adding DOGE support. The Tesla CEO intends to take the firm private, and transform it into a global platform for free speech.
Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.
Musk in his offer for Twitter
Musk believes the social media platform will be unable to thrive, nor act as a platform for free speech in its current form.
He recently floated the idea of an edit button for tweets. Musk also plans to severely crack down on bots and scam accounts on the platform- a major criticism levelled against the platform.
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- Bitcoin (BTC) Fails to Hold $30,000 Again, Guggenheim CIO Predicts A Crash to $8000
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token