Dogecoin, the meme currency broke past the key resistance or $0.40 earlier today after spending the majority of last month under $0.35. The recent price spike came in the wake of the Coinbase Pro listing announcement. Coinbase Pro is a dedicated exchange for institutional purchases and Dogecoin will start trading on the platform starting June 3. The inbound transfers for Dogecoin began on June 2 while trading will open on June 3.
Starting today, inbound transfers for DOGE are now available in the regions where trading is supported. Traders cannot place orders and no orders will be filled. Trading will begin on or after 9AM PT on Thursday June 3, if liquidity conditions are met. https://t.co/sFYODy4Xma
— Coinbase Pro (@CoinbasePro) June 1, 2021
Coinbase listing has often led to a surge in the price of many newly listed tokens, and Dogecoin listing followed a similar trend. The fifth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap rose over 30% to breach crucial resistance of $0.40 and currently trading above $0.43.
This bull season has turned Dogecoin from a meme token into a real investment as the altcoin surged over 6,000% throughout 2021. The Dogecoin frenzy was aided by continuous support from Elon Musk and social media buying frenzy which saw its price spike from $0.0104 in January to $0.737 in the second week of May.
Will Doge Retest its ATH?
The current price spike has helped Dogecoin break past the key resistance of $0.40 and also helped it to break out of triangle formation on the 4-hour price chart, indicating a high bullish price action. The next target for the altcoin is $0.5 before it moves on to retest its all-time high.
The price of the meme currency was earlier driven by buying frenzy among social media users who believed the meme coin could touch the $1 price soon. The mammoth rise in price helped dogecoin to make it to the top-3 cryptocurrencies by market cap, leaving behind BNB, XRP, and many others.
Dogecoin is currently trading at $0.4391 with an over 36% surge flipping Cardano for the fifth spot. A move over 0.45 could open the gates for ATH retest from here.
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?