El Salvador, the small Central American nation is just a week away from bringing the Bitcoin Law into effect. However, the nation’s legislative assembly has approved a new Bitcoin Trust worth $150 million. The bill was passed on August 31 with 64 votes in favor and 14 against it. The main purpose of the Trust Fund would be to convert Bitcoin to US Dollar and also for supporting the crypto infrastructure in the country.
The moment when the democratic assembly from El Salvador approved the $150 million #Bitcoin trust.
Watch how the assembly reacted. pic.twitter.com/5uf3st1rfw
— Blockworks (@Blockworks_) August 31, 2021
El Salvador created history on 8th June when it became the first nation on the face of Earth to make Bitcoin a legal tender along with the US Dollar. The decision was met with Euphoria from the Bitcoin proponents while it faced a lot of criticism from the likes of IMF, World Bank, and few other financial giants. World Bank denied them of any help in implementing the technical aspects of the law whole IMF’s $1 billion financial aid also took a backseat in the wake of the Bitcoin law.
Privately issued cryptoassets like Bitcoin come with substantial risks. Making them equivalent to a national currency is an inadvisable shortcut. Read more in our #IMFBlog by the IMF’s Tobias Adrian and @RhodaWeeksBrown: https://t.co/r1NwBuyAq8 pic.twitter.com/Sk9tOjvhD6
— IMF (@IMFNews) August 29, 2021
President Nayib Bukele has led the Bitcoin charge in the country with the announcement of several adoption plans and even launched the country-wide Bitcoin wallet program. Bukele has maintained throughout that the massive change in the country’s economic operations is no fluke or gimmick and they are planning to uplift nearly 70% of the population using BTC in absence of banking facilities. He also plans to make El Salvador a hub for clean Bitcoin mining with the geothermal energy supply that the country has in abundance.
How $150 Million BTC Trust Will be Utilized?
The Development Bank of El Salvador has been appointed as the caretaker of the $150 million BTC trust and the trust will be created using the funds from the country’s $500 million loan with the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI). The loan was taken to revive the small and medium-sized businesses.
Out of $150 million, $23.3 million is allocated towards installations of Bitcoin ATMs and another $30 million has been kept aside as incentives to promote the use of Bitcoin in the country. The country has also installed 200 Bitcoin ATMs across the state for everyone to easily convert their BTC to USD.
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?