On Sunday, May 23, Bitcoin (BTC) and the overall crypto market tanked following China’s crackdown on Bitcoin miners and traders. Well, owing to new regulatory policies, a lot of Chinese miners have considered shifting their base to Europe or North America.
Seeing a major opportunity here, business tycoon Elon Musk has jumped in while recently tweeting that he’s been talking to a lot of miners in North America for tapping into the renewable energy use for Bitcoin mining.
Spoke with North American Bitcoin miners. They committed to publish current & planned renewable usage & to ask miners WW to do so. Potentially promising.
— Elon Musk, the 2nd (@elonmusk) May 24, 2021
Recently, Elon Musk has been much vocal about the high energy usage associated with Bitcoin mining and transactions. Even Tesla decided to drop Bitcoin payments setting up the crypto market in a frenzy. However, it looks like Musk sees a great opportunity here in the ‘crypto and renewables’ market.
MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor took the lead in hosting the meeting between Musk and North American Bitcoin miners. Saylor tweeted:
“Yesterday I was pleased to host a meeting between @elonmusk & the leading Bitcoin miners in North America. The miners have agreed to form the Bitcoin Mining Council to promote energy usage transparency & accelerate sustainability initiatives worldwide”.
Standardizing Energy Reporting for Bitcoin Mining
Since the Bitcoin mining energy consumption is the new heated debate in the market, industry players are putting efforts to bring a solution to it. As Michael Saylor, executives from some of the biggest Bitcoin mining associations joined the meeting with Musk.
This includes big names like Marathon Digital Holdings, Riot Blockchain, Argo Blockchain, Core Scientific, Hive Blockchain, Hut 8 Mining, and others. All these players decided to form an organization to standardize energy reporting associated with crypto mining.
Besides, these players will work together to pursue the industry ESG goals along with making efforts to educate the crypto-mining marketplace.
North American miners have the biggest opportunity hereafter China’s crackdown on Bitcoin miners recently. Will North America become the new dominant player to control a majority of the Bitcoin hashrate?
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?