As the broader cryptocurrency market poses some healthy recovery, the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) has bounced more than 6% moving past $4,300 levels. On Friday, November 19, the ETH price took a momentary dive under $4,000 correcting more than 15% from its all-time high levels from last week.
Certain on-chain metrics for Ethereum and its fundamentals suggest that the world’s largest cryptocurrency will continue to have the show of strength.
Key On-chain Metrics for Ethereum
As we reported earlier, the non-exchange Ethereum whales have been scooping up massive supply in this price correction. On the other hand, the average gas fee has corrected by a massive 80% just over the last week which is likely to give Ethereum a massive utility push. As on-chain data provider Santiment explains:
Ethereum (ETH) is back above $4,330, & utility should be more reasonable for traders with average fees back at just $11.46. This is about 20% of what $ETH fees were just five days ago right before the dip, where fees were way up at $55.65 per transaction.
On the other hand, the Ethereum (ETH) supply has been on a decline. Post the London hardfork in early August 2021, the ETH supply dynamics have been changing majorly. The Ethereum (ETH) blockchain network is close to reaching a total of 1 million in burned ETH.
So far since the London hardfork, a total of 947,000 ETH have been burned. This is worth a staggering $4 billion. On-chain data provider Glassnode further reports:
The daily burn rate has been steadily increasing in the past months since the London fork. With a burn rate of currently 10-15k #ETH per day, the 1 million burn mark is expected to be passed within the next few days.
The amount of burned $ETH has started to visibly change Ether’s supply trajectory. The circulating ETH supply in the network is now 0.8% lower than it would be without the implementation of EIP-1559.
While Ethereum (ETH) has given a bounce back today, it remains to be seen if this is not a dead cat bounce moment. Simon Dedic from Moonrock Capital says that if ETH sustains $4,000 on the weekly closing, the dip could be bullish for investors.
— Simon Dedic (@scoinaldo) November 19, 2021
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000