eToro has announced that it would be paying eligible BCH holders Fiat equivalents instead of BSV (Bitcoin Cash Satoshi Vision). The struggle for listing new Hard fork(BSV) coin continues as not many exchanges are supporting it.
Not obligated to hard forks says eToro
In first of kind event in the crypto industry, eToro, the leading social trading, and multi-asset brokerage platform has announced that it will be compensating Bitcoin Cash Holders with the fiat cash amount of BSV corresponding to their pre-fork holdings. This announcement from the brokerage platform comes nearly six weeks after Bitcoin Cash went under a hard fork on November 15.
The official announcement from eToro says that the brokerage platform is not obligated to support forks but as a gesture to its customers it has decided to fiat equivalents for the foregone Bitcoin SV. eToro users who held long (BUY) non-leveraged Bitcoin Cash Positions on November 15 will be eligible for fiat payments.
With respect to price determination, the announcement says,
“We are in process of crediting relevant users accounts with the dollar value of Bitcoin Cash SV coins at the price of USD 92 multiplied by the number of Bitcoin Cash units held at the time of the fork. The price was determined by the price of Bitcoin Cash SV available to eToro at the time the credit was processed by us”
The platform’s decision was also shared by its Sr. Analyst Mati Greenspan on Twitter
eToro has decided to compensate clients who held BCH into the hard fork with a cash amount per BCHSV. ????
Happy holidays!! ???
Full details in the post… https://t.co/EhbPbvP7ux
— Mati Greenspan (@MatiGreenspan) December 27, 2018
A section of media also reported Mati Greenspan saying,
“As a custodian holding the coins on behalf of our clients, we felt that this was the best thing to do. Ideally, we would want to give them the BCHSV itself because it belongs to them. But that would be very difficult to set up as we have not yet been able to add BCHSV to the platform.”
He said that eToro was looking into adding BSV to its platform but added: “We have a lot of evaluation and technical considerations involved in adding a new asset to the platform.”
On November 15, BCH Network went under hard fork which split the BCH into two networks – BCH SV and BCH ABC. BCH ABC turned out to to be the most dominant of the two by securing more proof-of-work than the BCHSV side following the split. It has since kept the original BCH title on most major exchanges.
What is your view on eToro’s decision of providing Fiat equivalents for BSV? Do let us know your views on the same.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?