Genesis Trading CEO Michael Moro said the company has liquidated positions in a large counterparty that failed to meet a margin call earlier this week. Moro thinks it’s important for any company to provide transparency in such critical times when the market is in FUD.
Although Genesis’s CEO didn’t disclose details about the counterparty, he was likely referring to Three Arrows Capital. On Friday, Three Arrows Capital’s founders announced considering asset sales and bailout options to prevent insolvency.
Genesis Trading Mitigates Losses with a Counterparty
Genesis Trading’s CEO in a series of tweets on June 17 confirmed that they have liquidated a large counterparty that failed to meet a margin call this week. The company has sold or hedged all positions to minimize any further losses amid extreme market conditions.
Michael Moro added that no clients’ funds are impacted and Genesis Trading is working as usual with its risk management practices, exceptional track record, and strong balance sheet.
“We will actively pursue recovery on any potential residual loss through all means available, however our potential loss is finite and can be netted against our own balance sheet as an organization. We have shed the risk and moved on.”
Furthermore, Genesis Trading’s CEO Michael Moro asserts that the company will support its clients amid rising volatility and speculation in the crypto market.
Top Firms Liquidate Three Arrows Capital
Several top firms had liquidated Three Arrows Capital after it failed to meet margin calls. These include BlockFi, FTX, Deribit, and BitMEX which liquidated their positions in the crypto hedge fund. Also, there are reports that several lenders in Asia have also sold their positions in Three Arrows Capital.
Meanwhile, Three Arrows Capital is liquidating its stETH and ETH holdings to repay loans as it faces insolvency risks. The company has hired legal and financial advisors to find a solution as it suffers heavy losses from a market-wide selloff in digital assets.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26