Progressive Care, a personalized health care technology firm announced today that it will start accepting Bitcoin as a payment for Rapid COVID-19 tests across all its PharmcoRX locations. Alan Jay Weisberg, the CEO of the firm said the decision was taken keeping the needs of foreign tourists coming to the country, as cash use has declined. He explained,
“This is an excellent alternative for post-pandemic tourists coming into our communities from abroad. It also allows those with an alternative view of payment systems to get the testing services they require as we strive to maintain a shield against a fresh resurgence of this terrible virus.”
Pharmacol has tested over 10,000 people for COVID-19 to date, generating over one million dollars in testing revenues. We are happy to invite Bitcoin holders to our locations for all of their COVID-19 testing needs.”
The decision was also influenced by the ongoing Bitcoin conference in Miami with over 50,000 expected attendees. As tourists are required to offer a mandatory COVID-19 Negative report, the initiative by Progressive care can come to the rescue of many. The firm has also issued a scannable QR code for tourists to streamline the payment process and make it easier for them to get their COVID reports.
PharmcoRX was also among the first pharmacies to accept crypto payments as early as 2018 and continues to offer the alternate crypto payment option for various pandemic services.
Bitcoin Adoption Continues to Grow Despite Numerous FUDs
The crypto market is still recovering from the last month’s correction that wiped out $500 billion from the $2 trillion markets and despite the growing number of FUDs including speculations about Tesla dumping its $1.5 billion Bitcoin holdings to the Chinese crackdown on crypto mining, Bitcoin has continued to grow in terms of adoption.
The price of the top cryptocurrency is currently trading at $36,697 sliding under $38K failing to break past $40K. The current price slump is being attributed to Elon Musk’s cryptic tweet suggesting a possible breakup with Bitcoin.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?