EIP-1559 upgrade has been live for a week now. August 5th, Thursday, EIP-1559, along with four more EIPs, i.e., EIP-3198, EIP-3529, EIP-3541, and EIP-3554 went live with the Ethereum London upgrade. While the upgrade benefitted traders, providing fasters transactions. It threatened miners’ income by burning the majority of transaction fees and removing its entirety from circulation.
ETH prices hike, miners’ income stabilizes
With the EIP-1559 upgrade, the blockchain saw numerous changes that in turn stabilized miner income, contrary to the general belief that it might lead to a decline. According to Anand Gomes, the co-founder of Paradigm, Ethereum London hard fork upgrade led to a surge in ETH price, along with influencing institutional investors onto the Ethereum blockchain. While miners were strongly against the upgrade, the stabilization in mining fees seems to have also helped stabilized their income.
The burning of additional miner’s fees did make ETH a deflationary token which has helped it surge post the upgrade. A total of 32123.8 ETH has been burnt until now.
Priority fee on NFT add to miners’ income
Miners are also enjoying priority fee rewards on NFT transactions. 75 percent increase in 7 days period of on-chain transactions transferring NFTs, has given rise to the “priority fees” feature through the EIP-1559 upgrade.
CovidPunks is one of the most popular NFT series with the largest transaction volume. These Punks were sold on the same day as the Ethereum London upgrade and were sold out within a few minutes. Additionally, the past week has seen CovidPunk cross the $200,000 sales bracket.
Upon the exceptional sale of these NFTs, ETH gas fees hiked from 100 gwei to 400 gwei, in just an hour. But even with increased gas fees, miners saw a ray of light with the priority fees reward. This would enable users to pay extra transaction fees to miners to process their transactions on a priority basis. Part of this priority fee with then be used to pay the miners as a reward for speeding up the transaction process.
With increased on-chain activity because of high NFT transfers and Defi apps, investors are ready to pay more priority fees combined with other factors, that have resulted in an overall increase in the total income of miners. Since the activation of the Ethereum London Hard fork, traders on the ETH blockchain have paid over 7,000 ETH, converting to more than $22 million in fiat.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?