Hillary Clinton, the former first lady, and secretary of the state has come out to sound another harsh warning against the crypto market. In a recent interview with CNBC, Clinton claimed that the cryptocurrency market can be manipulated by China and Russia and therefore the US regulators must be wary of it and regulate the market accordingly.
NEW: Hillary Clinton says crypto could be manipulated by China and Russia pic.twitter.com/3plKjazAGF
— Blockworks (@Blockworks_) November 25, 2021
Although she didn’t offer a clear explanation on why she thinks countries like China and Russia could manipulate crypto, she did demand the Biden administration to take appropriate action soon. Clinton reiterated the old political rhetoric claiming these nations couldn’t be trusted with their intentions. Clinton’s crypto manipulation comments come just days after she claimed Bitcoin could destabilize US Dollar.
Is Hillary Clinton Right About Countries Manipulating Cryptocurrencies?
Hillary Clinton’s recent fearmongering on crypto seems to be way off the mark especially the recent comments about Russia and China potentially manipulating the market. The crypto market is decentralized in nature especially Bitcoin that started it all. Earlier, when China was the leader in Bitcoin mining, there were fears of mining manipulation, however, that changed in May this year after the mining ban. In fact, China is getting rid of everything crypto-related and wants to promote its own digital currency called e-CNY or digital yuan.
Russia on the other hand is aiming to regulate the crypto market like hundreds of other nations. The president of the country Vladimir Putin also seemed to have a better understanding of the crypto ecosystem and in a recent interview called it the future of remittance. He praised the crypto ecosystem but also called for better regulations.
If this video is real, it highlights just how well understood Bitcoin is by the world’s most powerful people.
The next reserve currency won’t be controlled by a nation state. pic.twitter.com/hsay8EhhZV
— Pomp 🌪 (@APompliano) April 28, 2020
A video file shared by Bitcoin influencer Pomp shows the Russian President answering questions about the crypto market and the Russian government’s plan on regulating it. To a question about whether Russia would launch its own cryptocurrency, Putin said,
“it is impossible for any other country to have its own cryptocurrency because if we are talking about cryptocurrency, it is something that is beyond national borders.”
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000