Citing data provided by digital asset manager CoinShares, Reuters reported that the institutional inflows to crypto funds stood at a net $429 million for the week ending December 7. This is the second-highest inflow pushing the total assets under management to the all-time high of above $15 billion. Previously, the largest weekly inflow on record was three weeks back at $468 million.
So far in 2020, the institutional money inflow to crypto funds has surged by nearly 500%. By the end of 2020, the total assets stood only at a mere $2.57 billion. The world’s largest crypto asset manager Grayscale registered a massive growth this year. In fact, it has now started aggressively promoting digital currencies by wooing bi investors with its #DropGold campaign.
— Grayscale (@Grayscale) December 8, 2020
Last week, Grayscale registered an additional inflow of $337 million across its crypto funds. With this, Grayscale total assets under management now stand at $12.7 billion. James Butterfill, investment strategist at CoinShares told Reuters:
“On an anecdotal level, based on our client conversations over the course of 2020, we have seen a decisive shift from enquiries of a speculative nature to those that begin with comments such as, ‘bitcoin is here to stay, please help us understand it’”. Given the levels of interest, this suggests we are only on the cusp of institutional adoption rather than it cooling down.”
MicroStrategy Plans Selling $400 Million Worth of Debt Securities to But Bitcoin (BTC)
Business Intelligence Firm MicroStrategy is going massively bullish in Bitcoin. In its latest announcement, MicroStrategy is planning to liquidate $400 million worth of debt securities and put that money into Bitcoin.
MicroStrategy Announces Proposed Private Offering of $400 Million of Convertible Senior Noteshttps://t.co/KvZNIbO6Fa
— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) December 7, 2020
The latest announcement comes just within three days after MicroStragey chairman Michael Saylor announced purchasing an additional 2574 BTC at a price of around $19,600 for a total of $50 million. So far, the company has already invested $475 million of liquid cash in BTC and holds nearly 41,000 BTC or 2% of the total BTC supply. The company’s BTC investments now stand at $790 million approximately.
An additional $400 million would bring MicroStrategy’s BTC investments close to $1 billion. On the other hand, global investment giant Guggenheim Partners is also planning to get Bitcoin exposure by pouring nearly $500 million in the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC). If these two companies manage to get the regulatory nod, we are seeing an additional $1 billion of institutional money coming to Bitcoin anytime soon.
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?