Jack Dorsey, the founder of Twitter created a storm on the social media platform after deeming Web 3.0 a monopoly ground for big corporates and VC funds. The statement came the same day when Elon Musk took a dig at Web 3.0 technologies as well. Dorsey mocked traditional venture capital firms such as Andreessen Horowitz who are investing millions in crypto companies and how they are not all for decentralization.
He shared the mission statement from the company which literally says “we invest in software eating the world”
this mission statement has always felt so…dark pic.twitter.com/82hFvTd7fO
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 22, 2021
While many crypto startups working hard towards web 3.0 didn’t take the comments in their stride and Dorsey came out to explain that he is not necessarily against the development of Web 3.0 technologies as much as he is against VC monopoly.
I promise this is a fight against the “rich dudes” taking advantage of people like you who should own it all
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 23, 2021
Dorsey who has held the position of CEO of Twitter for quite some time has quit as the CEO to focus on Bitcoin entirely through his popular Bitcoin venture Square Inc. The former Twitter CEO is a well-known Bitcoin proponent who has said it himself in the past that he would eventually quit Twitter to focus full-time on developing Bitcoin-based open-source products.
Former Twitter CEO wages war on centralization
Bitcoin seems to have smitten Dorsey to his core and he seems to understand the importance of decentralization and open-source more than any other CEO at this point. He is often seen as a Bitcoin maximalist especially from the Ethereum proponents as he has dismissed any suggestion that involves any other cryptocurrency than Bitcoin. However, he has cleared that he is not necessarily a Bitcoin maximalist as he is more focused on decentralization.
I’m not anti ETH. I’m anti-centralized, VC-owned, single point of failure, and corporate controlled lies. If your goal is anti establishment, I promise you it isn’t ethereum. Don’t believe or trust me! Just look at the fundamentals.
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 23, 2021
Jack Dorsey-led Square Inc. is currently working on a number of Bitcoin-centered products such as a decentralized exchange system, building a Defi ecosystem, and an open-source hardware wallet as well.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?