Floyd Mayweather, the boxing icon with 0 defeats against his name has become the latest pro-athlete to join the NFT mania as he is all set to drop a limited-edition digital collection in association with IronBend, a popular NFT solution provider known for its association with many prominent personalities.
The NFT collection would be developed by Reality Gaming Group another known brand in the blockchain domain and each digital artwork would be celebrating the legacy of Floyd Mayweather’s life and career that would include rare memorabilia from the legendary boxer’s personal keepsakes. The NFT collection is scheduled to launch on May 26th ahead of the much-hyped fight between him and popular Youtube star Logan Paul. Talking about the upcoming NFT collection, Mayweather said,
“I started from nothing and beat all the odds to achieve what I did in my career and I think that’s the American dream. I don’t look at myself as a celebrity – I look at myself as an l icon, one who made it. My name will always live on for the things that I did and the mark that I left in sports. These digital collectibles give everyone a chance to be part of the Mayweather Legacy.”
NFT Mania Continues
Non-Fungible Tokens aka NFTs are nothing new and have been in use for almost three years now, with their primary use being in-game rewards in video games and fank tokens for a major sports league. However, 2021 has turned NFTs into the most trendy phenomenon for this bull season as many digital artists, pop singers, social media stars, and pro-athletes launch and auction limited edition digital memorabilia for fans that have racked in millions of dollars.
Floyd Mayweather being someone who is also popularly known as Mr. Munny has been involved with crypto space for quite some time and first made headlines for promoting a dubious Initial Coin Offering back in 2017. The boxing icon later settled with the SEC by paying a hefty fine.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?