A series of Ether (ETH) deposits on Binance amounting to nearly $600 million from Tron founder Justin Sun puzzled many for days. The deposits started in December itself and many were worried about the probability of Sun cashing out given he has announced earlier that he will be moving away from his role as the CEO of Tron Foundation.
Earlier today, Justin Sun came out to burst all speculations and revealed that the much talked about $600 million ETH deposits were in fact for the internal deployment of wallets and had nothing to do with Ethereum or Tron. The official statement from Sun read,
“Recently, the internal deployment of wallets has attracted market attention. We continue to be optimistic about the market outlook, and there is no situation that everyone has guessed. Regardless of Ethereum, TRON, and the entire blockchain industry, we are highly optimistic and will continue to build, and everyone will receive more heavy news next!”
— 孙宇晨🌞 (@sunyuchentron) December 29, 2021
Sun’s official statement not just shut the mystery on the $600 million deposits but also clear that he was not liquidating any of his funds or cashing out. Given the current downtrend in the crypto market, many expected the ETH deposit on Binance were for selling purposes.
Justin Sun starts a new career as a “crypto diplomat”
Sun created Tron as a competitor to Ethereum with similar functionalities and lesser processing time, however, the founder of the firm has decided to move on to his next phase in his career as a crypto diplomat for Grenada, a small Caribbean nation. Sun had quite a controversial crypto career and run-ins with the Chinese authorities but managed to stay in limelight throughout.
At the time of writing Ethereum (ETH) was trading at $3,709 with a 2% decline over the past 24-hours. The second-largest altcoin lost critical support of $4K and is currently in a consolidation phase.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?