Litecoin Foundation and TokenPay joined hands to acquire a stake in WEG bank. In May 2018 TokenPay had acquired 9.9% of the bank along with options to purchase approximately 90% overall of the bank pending the customary regulatory approval.
Litecoin and TokenPay: A win-win partnership
WEG Bank was founded in 2015 and is the second bank to be started by CEO Matthias von Hauff. It is a booming, market-leading German institution known throughout the industry as a market leader in the real estate renovation and modernization projects market.
WEG Bank had plans to create a new division, which will not disrupt the current one, that will enable consumers and merchants to integrate FinTech and blockchain technology and services. This is the reason Tokenpay found it interesting to acquire WEG Bank.
In accordance to partnership Litecoin Foundation also acquired a 9.9% of Germany’s WEG Bank and in exchange Litecoin agrees to provide a broad and comprehensive marketing and technology service agreement to benefit TokenPay and its related cryptocurrency and business operations. As a result of this partnership, TokenPay and Litecoin combine as a leading force in creating and delivering to the market modern consumer-driven crypto FinTech solutions.
TokenPay, which already has several blockchain initiatives under its name which includes TPAY Cryptocurrency, eFin Decentralized Exchange (DEX), TokenSuisse Asset Management, WEG Bank FinTech Platform and Multisignature Transaction Engine, will now directly benefit from Litecoin’s high-level blockchain mechanization capabilities.
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkAltcoin News
The partnership will focus on several key areas that have been identified by analysts as critical to the success of the enterprise.
Furthermore, at the same time, TokenPay has acquired an additional 9.9% of WEG Bank. It is essential to understand that under German banking law no entity can own more than 9.9% of a bank without regulatory approval. Upon the granting of the approval, TokenPay plans to exercise its options to acquire the remaining shares of WEG Bank it is entitled to purchase.
The probable outcome of the partnerships and acquisition
With the significant addition of Litecoin as a strategic marketing, blockchain technology, and logistics partner in WEG Bank and its long-term partnership with Verge Currency, TokenPay predictably projects adding several hundred thousand customers to its debit card solutions platform in the near term.
Accordingly, the technical expertise provided by Litecoin will be a great advantage to the corporation of comprehensive automation guidelines and standards employed by the bank as it explores new market opportunities.
Top executives of all three parties share the excitement
As reported in the official press release Charlie Lee, Managing Director of the Litecoin Foundation, Matthias von Hauff, founder, and CEO of WEG Bank AG and Prof. Dr. Jorg E. Wilhelm, Head of Supervisory Board of TokenPay Swiss AG shared their views and said that they were excited to work together for a collaborative betterment.
I’m excited to announce that @LTCFoundation and @TokenPay have entered into a strategic partnership to buy a stake in a German bank, WEG Bank AG. We plan to work on many exciting consumer-driven crypto solutions. Stay tuned! ?
— Charlie Lee [LTC⚡] (@SatoshiLite) July 10, 2018
Charlie Lee, Managing Director of the Litecoin Foundation, stated,
“This partnership is a huge win-win for both Litecoin and TokenPay. I’m looking forward to integrating Litecoin with the WEG Bank AG and all the various services it has to offer, to make it simple for anyone to buy and use Litecoin. I’m also excited about Litecoin’s support in TokenPay’s eFin decentralized exchange.”
Matthias von Hauff, founder, and CEO of WEG Bank AG added:
“The partnership with innovative institutions such as TokenPay and Litecoin might at first come unexpectedly for a very conservative institution like us. But we have thoroughly and diligently examined the prospects of a common future, and we became convinced that the future of banking will make adoption of such modern payment methods inevitable. We are therefore proud to have teamed up with the best in the field.”
Prof. Dr. Jorg E. Wilhelm, Head of Supervisory Board of TokenPay Swiss AG commented,
“We are elated to be in the process of acquiring a large stake in a successful business bank based in Germany such as WEG. Our ecosystem consisting of the TPAY blockchain, WEG Bank, TokenSuisse and Litecoin Foundation provides us with a tremendous opportunity regarding merchant solutions, along with a strong and diverse customer base for our crypto debit card business. The tangible reality of bridging the gap between the old and new world is electrifying.”
This is definitely a forward-looking partnership and a really strong attempt to bring the use of cryptocurrencies and blockchain to the mainstream. This partnership does give us an insight into how the future of Fintech and Blockchain together looks like with financial institutions.
Will this Tri-Party partnership be successful and lead by example for others to follow? Do let us know your views on the same.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why