Ethereum (ETH) price action is trading muted on the weekend. ETH records losses for the third straight day. Investors flip the crucial trading level near the $2,800 level. The recent price action suggests bulls are losing control over the trend.
- Ethereum (ETH) price trades with modest losses on Saturday.
- Expect more downside if the price slips below $2,770.
- ETH bulls losing patience as the downside pressure mounts.
As per the U.S wealth management, Morgan Stanley’s in its report stated that Ethereum (ETH) could lose its dominance if strong market competition emerges. The investment banking giant’s report titled “Cryptocurrency 201: What is Ethereum?” provides a detailed rundown of the ecosystem along with its advantages and disadvantages in relation to Bitcoin (BTC).
Ethereum face downside risk
On the daily chart, Ethereum (ETH) price has surged 55% from the lows of $2,159 as peaked at the highs of $3,284.73. However, bulls failed to sustain near the higher levels and make a healthy retracement toward the bullish slopping line.
The ascending trend line from the lows mentioned lows acts as a resistance barrier to the bulls. Furthermore, the lower break out of the ‘symmetrical triangle’ indicates the increased selling pressure in ETH/USD.
The first target is placed near the $2,400 horizontal support level. A decisive close below this level could trigger the selling towards the levels last seen in July at $1,718.41.
On the other hand, if the price manages to sustain the lower level, then it could form an ‘inverted hammer’ pattern a bullish reversal formation will push the price toward the 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) at $3,058
A resurgence buying pressure could push above $3,200 toward the ultimate target of $3,600.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) at 40 with a bearish crossover.
MACD: The Moving Convergence Divergence (MACD) tweak below the midline indicates the bearish bias in the pair.
- Crypto Proponent Outlines Catalysts For Bitcoin’s Next Bull Run, Time To Buy?
- Terra’s UST Causes A 20% Dump In DeFi Token Curve (CRV), Here’s How
- Can Tron Fill The Hole In DeFi Left By Terra?
- Terra Crash Causes Ripple Effect Among Crypto Startups, Here’s How
- Bitcoin (BTC) To Slip Further Below $29K Today, Where’s The Bottom?
- LUNA, UST Volatility Spikes As Voting On Terra Fork Begins
- Panama Delays Legalizing Crypto On This Major Factor
- Big Investors in Terra LUNA Finally Break Silence, Here’s What They Have to Say
- Bitcoin (BTC) Tanks Under $29,000 After A Classic Bull Trap, Still More Pain Left?
- Just In: Russia Minister Hints At Bitcoin Payments Nod
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?