While the properties of Bitcoin seemed to have attracted the millennials, the older investors are inclined towards gold. Even though both, Bitcoin and gold have been surging in terms of price, the latter hit a new all-time high.
Bitcoin has often been compared to gold. Properties like limited supply, store of value as well as deflationary nature are what both Bitcoin and Gold have in common. These similarities between these two assets further led to Bitcoin being touted as digital gold. Even though the scale of adoption and the market cap of both these assets have a huge disparity, Bitcoin seems to be climbing up the ladder.
Bitcoin is the largest cryptocurrency in the world, both in terms of market cap as well as value. However, Bitcoin’s market cap seems dainty before gold as the latter has a market cap of around $9 trillion. Bitcoin’s market cap at the time of writing was a mere, $215.48 billion. Gold has undoubtedly been touted as the best medium of investments since time immemorial. Yet, millennials have reportedly been steering towards Bitcoin.
A recent report formulated by the banking giant, JP Morgan Chase & Co., revealed that younger investors were eyeing Bitcoin while the older generation was leaned towards investing in gold. Strategists led by Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou reportedly wrote,
“The older cohorts continued to deploy their excess liquidity into bond funds, the buying of which remained strong during both June and July.”
Furthermore, as per the note, the older generation is selling equities while the younger ones have been eyeing stocks.
Gold Hits New High
Both Bitcoin, as well as gold, have been performing exceptionally well over the last few months. While Bitcoin finally breached the $10K zone and is heading towards $12K, gold has been hitting new all-time highs. On Tuesday, Gold hit a high of $2,000, and just a while ago, it broke its record as its price soared to $2,040 per ounce.
Prominent analyst, Holger Zschaepitz tweeted about the same and elaborated on how investors have been making their way towards gold. His tweet read,
#Gold barrels past $2,000 w/stage set for prices to rally more. Investors flock to haven on sinking real yields, weaker dollar. Bullion is up >30% ytd, & could extend gains as govts & central banks respond to slowing growth with vast amounts of stimulus. https://t.co/wOTaDRY7Yw pic.twitter.com/2eLpodI9Xj
— Holger Zschaepitz (@Schuldensuehner) August 5, 2020
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark