Almost every big financial institution in the world has started believing in the Bitcoin (BTC) story. Even the strong Bitcoin critics aka banking institutions are considering exposure to the world’s third-largest asset class in one or the other way.
As per the latest Bloomberg report, American banking multinational Morgan Stanley increased its stake to more than 10% in public listed company and Bitcoin-backer MicroStrategy, last year in 2020. As per the latest SEC filing, the banking giant’s investment wing held 792,627 shares of MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR) by end of December 2020.
This amounts to a 10.9% stake in the bank that roughly translates to over $500 million as per the MSTR stock price and valuations on Friday closing. Michael Saylor, the CEO of MicroStrategy has been the biggest proponent of Bitcoin. His business intelligence firm MicroStrategy has been doing heavy investments in Bitcoin during the third and fourth quarter of 2020.
Just last month itself, the company increased its BTC holdings by investing an additional $650 million from convertible notes. By the end of 2020, MicroStrategy’s total Bitcoin investments stood at 70,470 coins pouring around $1.2 billion at an average BTC price of $15,964 per BTC. But as of the current BTC price, the company’s total net BTC holdings stand at over $3 billion, a whopping 2.5x returns.
MicroStrategy Stock (NASDAQ: MSTR) Gives 3.5x Returns
Interestingly, the MSTR shares have also skyrocketed in the last four months since September 2020. From under $150, the share price has surged all the way above $500 giving investors 3.5x returns in a very short period of time.
The Bloomberg report notes that along with Morgan Stanley there are other big financial institutions invested in MicroStrategy. The report states:
“Other top holders of MicroStrategy have included First Trust Advisors, BlackRock Inc. and Vanguard Group, according to data compiled by Bloomberg from periodic filings”.
In his recent tweet, Morgan Creek Digital founder and Bitcoin evangelist Anthony Pompliano wrote:
“Given the current circumstances, we are about to see which financial advisors are open minded & which ones are aren’t. Basically every institution on Wall Street is buying bitcoin. Are you gonna get your clients exposure now or do you still think you’re smarter than everyone?”
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5