It has been reported that an unknown account that is holding a massive amount of BTC has transferred 7,000 of them to an exchange and is approaching people to make the sell-off.
Questions on Mt. Gox trying to empty its bags?
Recently, some people reported that an unknown individual or entity is scouting buyers for a huge amount of bitcoin. Last time this happened, Mt. Gox was in the offense for selling about 35,841 Bitcoin and 34,008 Bitcoin Cash that were worth about $362 million and $45 million respectively that led to the crash down of BTC and BCH prices.
It has been suspected that this time also, it could again be Mt. Gox on its selling spree.
Ran Neuner, a CNBC writer took to Twitter to call this out:
I've had 3 people offer me 200k Bitcoin. There is clearly a massive seller around! Mt Gox?
— Ran NeuNer (@cryptomanran) March 26, 2018
With BTC price riding at $8,049 at the time, these 200,000 BTC market are worth more than 160 million USD right now.
Another person tweeted:
“MTGOX keeps selling out. Despite promises not to sell more till September, he just sold 7000 bitcoins crashing the price again! His MTGox wallet is here https://t.co/yPJeVaNlG0”
— Yazan Al Homsi (@makingmoneynow1) March 27, 2018
Is Mt. Gox on yet another BTC selling spree?
This all began about four days back when the address that was holding the second largest amount of bitcoins moved about 7,000 of those BTC to an exchange. However, this wallet is listed nowhere on the website that basically tracks the movement of cold wallets associated with Mt. Gox.
In the light of last big Mt. Gox sell-off that crashed the bitcoin market down, people are extremely sensitive to these words. The reason being it still holds a large amount of cryptocurrency i.e. 165,000 bitcoins and thousands of bitcoin cash that can simply ruin the crypto market.
It has been believed by many that it is completely irresponsible as one party having such massive amounts of bitcoin can be extremely harmful to the market.
With the crypto market currently going through a price drop already, comments like these can cause turmoil in the market.
What do you think of the massive sell-off attempts? Do you think Mt. Gox is yet again the culprit or someone else is at play this time? Share your thoughts with us!
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?