- Polkadot hits a snag under $35, abandoning the upswing to highs past $40.
- DOT seeks support at the 50 SMA on the 4-hour chart while trying to avert declines under $30.
Polkadot had staged an impressive recovery on Monday, extending the bullish leg from the recently formed support at $27. The token hit highs above $30 and pushed for gains beyond $35. However, bulls lost steam within a whisker of a confluence resistance created by the 100 Simple Moving Average (SMA) and the 200 SMA on the 4-hour chart.
The mission to achieve a new record high beyond $40 seems to be a pipedream at the time of writing due to increased resistance beneath the confluence level. DOT seeks higher support at the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA). If this immediate anchor fails to hold, we can expect DOT to tumble further and perhaps retest $30.
The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator had flipped massively bullish from last week. However, the indicator’s upward momentum has dramatically reduced. At the time of writing, the MACD line prints a horizontal trend, implying that the slightest resistance path is sideways.
DOT/USD 4-hour chart
On the other hand, traders should be on the lookout for the MACD’s return into the positive region. Besides, if the MACD line (blue) crosses under the signal line, massive sell orders are likely triggered. Another dip below $30 may not stop at $27 but could extend the bearish leg beneath $20.
On the upside, holding the support at the 50 SMA on the 4-hour chart will ensure market stability. Bulls will then have the time to focus on rebuilding the uptrend toward $40. Another bullish signal would be settling above the confluence resistance at $35.
Polkadot intraday levels
Spot rate: $33.6
Support: 50 SMA on the 4-hour chart, $30 and $27
Resistance: $35 and $40
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?