National Settlement Depository (NSD) with Sberbank CIB will be testing the ICO technology on the regulatory platform of country’s central bank. Russian authorities are working on creating a more transparent crypto market space in order to bolster institutional investors in its demanding crypto market.
NSD & Sberbank CIB to test ICO on central bank’s regulatory platform
Russia is all set to test the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) technology at the regulatory platform of its central bank. This platform was launched in April 2018, that was specifically designed to test the unregulated techs.
As per the announcement, the financial market infrastructure of Russia, National Settlement Depository (NSD) along with the Sberbank CIB which is the corporate and investment banking branch of Russia’s state-owned bank will be piloting the ICO technology.
By the end of this summer, it is expected that the first digital asset transaction will be conducted.
NSD will be recording the tokens and carry out the settlements related to the issue and circulation of the tokens. Also, it will be the custodian of the transaction by keeping and registering the assets. Whereas Sberbank CIB will coordinate the issuance of these tokens and play the role of an anchor investor in tokens issued.
Reportedly the Russian crypto market has great demand for ICOs as stated by the Senior Vice President of Sberbank:
“Sberbank CIB considers the Russian ICO market to be very promising. Many Sberbank clients are interested in this type of investment, and we plan to promote this service proactively once the appropriate legislative framework comes into effect; we will be one of the drivers to institutionalize and popularize this type of transaction.”
Once the blockchain transactions are assessed and feedback has been collected regarding the transaction mechanism, the central bank will be able to bring more transparent ICOs in the Russian market, This would further help in making such transactions mainstream while boosting the interests of traditional investors.
Also, read: Germany’s Largest Stock Exchange Deutsche Borse to Offer Bitcoin Products
Russian Duma moves on with 3 crypto-related bills
According to the Prime Minister of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, the lawmakers are working on legal terms like digital money and digital rights instead of tokens and cryptocurrencies as stated by him.
“We need to consolidate the basic provisions and translate them into the language of the law. Therefore, instead of common slang expressions such as “cryptocurrencies” and “tokens”, lawmakers are developing the more strict legal concepts of “digital money” and “digital rights.”
In March, a bill has been drafted by the Russian Parliament that stated digital tokens are to be considered asset instead of money.
Recently, Russian State Duma approved the first reading of three bills on crypto that has three weeks for suggesting amendments before it gets finalized.
As per the bill, cryptocurrencies and tokens will be taken as digital financial assets instead of being a legal tender. Reportedly, the crypto purchase and sales could be done though crypto exchanges that will act as custodians.
The bill further describes the process of ICO where the entities have to disclose complete information. Also, crypto mining will be regulated and miners would have to register themselves with Federal Tax Service and pay taxes.
Another important point is that only those tokens that have significant economic value will be considered as Digital Rights.
What are your views on the official testing of ICO platform by Russian authorities to create a better and more transparent crypto ecosystem for the traditional investors and crypto market?
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%