Nayib Bukele, the president of the Central American nation Salvador has hit back at the opposition leaders for creating fear among people over the recently passed Bitcoin law. The President said the Bitcoin bill was passed by congress through a democratic process and the falsehood created by some leaders in the opposition is uncalled for. He said,
Many in the opposition have wanted to confuse the Salvadoran people about Bitcoin, inventing falsehoods and trying to put fear where there is no problem.
Muchos en la oposición han querido confundir al pueblo salvadoreño sobre la #LeyBitcoin, inventando falsedades y tratando de meter miedos donde no existe ningún problema.
Como lo dije el 1 de junio en la @AsambleaSV: el aparato ideológico lucha por volver a controlar el Estado.
— Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) June 24, 2021
President Bukele’s rebuttal came in the wake of a lawsuit filed by the deputy of opposition party Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMNL) against the Bitcoin law. The lawsuit claims the new law is unconstitutional and the ruling party didn’t consider ill effects on common citizens.
Salvador created history on June 9 after it became the first country to make Bitcoin a legal tender. The president at that time had said the decision was well articulated and shouldn’t be seen as a gimmick. The Central American nation is currently looking to get technical assistance for implementing Bitcoin as a legal tender and CABEI has come to their rescue despite the world bank’s denial. The President had earlier admitted that there could be complexities in adoption but they would move forward with it.
President Will Clarify Doubts About the Bitcoin Law via National Tv and Radio
President Bukele also announced he will go live on June 24 on the national tv and radio network to clear doubts created by the opposition regarding the new Bitcoin law.
Apart from making Salvador the first country to adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender, Bukele is also working toward making it a clean Bitcoin mining hub. He has recently given a sneak peek into the upcoming mining setup powered by volcanic energy.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000