The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is planning to file a motion by 24th June to quash the deposition subpoena served by the defendants (Ripple) on a former SEC official. The official schedule for the motion is listed below.
The said motion scheduled to be filed by the SEC comes due to the disagreement between the two parties, as Ripple wants to question a former SEC official under oath and SEC is completely against it. Judge Netburn would decide whether Ripple gets to question the former SEC official (currently unknown) or not.
The SEC vs Ripple case has come a long way over the past 6 months, and while both parties want to take a moral high ground, it is far from over. There have been several twists and turns in the case with many hearings going in favor of Ripple and few others SEC seemed to have an upper hand. At one point it also seemed as if SEC would take the settlement route.
Crypto Community Speculate Over the Identity of the Former SEC Official
The identity of the said former official is still undetermined but the crypto community is already speculating over possible names and former SEC chief Jay Clayton who filed the lawsuit in December last year is at the top. One user wrote,
Former SEC official? Definitely Clayton.. 👀
— CRYPTOWZRD (@cryptoWZRD_) June 22, 2021
Others doubted whether Ripple would want to question Clayton and said it could be another official who was let go. The user wrote,
“Doubt it is Jay Clayton, he wouldn’t tell the truth. It’s probably a Former SEC official they let go, who would be willing, to tell the truth about the SEC’s real motives behind the case. It must be damaging to the SEC, that’s why they want to prevent it.”
A lot depends on the Judge’s order on the motion and going by previous decisions chances of dismissing the motion is quite high.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?