On Wednesday, May 4, the U.S. Federal Reserve announced an interest rate hike by 50 basis points in order to control the soaring inflation. The announcement was quite on the expected lines and the U.S. equity market as well as the crypto market rallied soon after.
The Bitcoin (BTC) price is up 5% in the last 24 hours and has moved closer to $40,000. As of press time, BTC is trading at a price of $39,902 with a market cap of $755 billion. The broader crypto market is also up by 5% adding more than $80 to investors’ wealth.
Wednesday’s breakout in Bitcoin comes along with similar breakouts seen in the S&P 500 and Gold. On-chain data provider Santiment explains:
“The #Fed made their move as expected today, with a 50 basis point interest rate rise. Unsurprisingly, the impact shifted #bullish almost immediately for #crypto, just as it did after the March hike. We may have another #selltherumorbuythenews scenario”.
On the other hand, today’s breakout and candle formation show that Bitcoin has breached past the multi-week resistance. If Bitcoin manages to more past $40,000, it can make further rally to $42,000 and $45,000.
— Rekt Capital (@rektcapital) May 4, 2022
Gains in the Altcoin Market
As we know, Ethereum (ETH) has been closely following BTC moves this year. Thus, the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency is also up 5% and currently trading at $2,940. Terra’s LUNA and Ripple’s XRP are also up by 5% as of press time. Furthermore, ETH is giving out some bullish signals on the technical charts as well.
$ETH – OBV has stayed bullish and above support the past week. There weren't any signs to sell, only signs that support was holding. Now we are seeing bullish signs and a breakout. pic.twitter.com/LPvJsLZM1Z
— IncomeSharks (@IncomeSharks) May 5, 2022
Some of the strongest movers in the top ten crypto-list are Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA), and Avalanche (AVAX). The Solana price is up by 10% and is currently trading around $95.
Cardano (ADA) and Avalanche (AVAX) have given a strong breakout each gaining more than 13%. While it remains to be seen whether this is a real trend reversal or just a momentary breakout for now.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?