Shiba Inu’s ($SHIB) price has been consolidating above the $0.00005 mark for nearly two weeks now but despite the lost price momentum, the popularity of the meme currency has not faded. The altcoin registered a massive $5.6 billion in trading volume only behind Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH).
The massive trading volume spike caught the eye of US Senate candidate Shannon Bray, who has come out as an avid $SHIB supporter recently. Bray called the massive trading volume a big deal in a quoted tweet. Earlier the US Senate candidate has changed his Twitter header photo to a Shiba Inu poster.
Wow … That's kind of a big deal. Time to check the chart and get some rest. https://t.co/mP1nWQsxEx
— Shannon Bray (@ShannonBrayNC) November 12, 2021
Shiba Inu ($SHIB) managed to recover above $0.00005 after retracing to a weekly low of $0.000046 during the recent flash crash in the crypto market. The $SHIB price hasn’t had the same momentum it showcased in October as it rose by 1,000% last month. It has lost nearly 5o% of its all-time high (ATH) of $0.000089 and currently trading at $0.0000525.
Will Shiba Inu’s Rise in Popularity Help its Price?
Shiba Inu has become the hottest meme currency in 2021 overtaking Dogecoin ($DOGE) both in terms of popularity and market cap. Although $DOGE has overtaken $SHIB in terms of the market cap due to the price retrace in November, $SHIB proponents still believe that it would eventually become the OG meme currency and Doge killer.
Recently, the likes of Binance and Coinbase have added new Shiba Inu pairs in light of its surging popularity and the latest to join the foray is Indian crypto unicorn CoinDCX. CoinDCX announced the $SHIB listing earlier today and called it a “Doge Killer” The growing listing among crypto exchanges and the popularity of the meme currency has propelled $SHIB to nearly 1 million userbases.
Shiba Inu is not just popular for trading amid 1000% growth, in fact, just like Dogecoin, many merchants have also shown interest in accepting $SHIB payment. US cinema chain giant AMC Theaters also confirmed that they would be adding $SHIB as a payment soon.
- Ethereum’s Buterin To Use Returned $100M From SHIB Donation For Covid Relief Projects Worldwide
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Unfazed By Bitcoin Crash, Set To Launch Its Metaverse – ‘Shiberse’
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?