A recent survey of 1,000 Singapore citizens conducted by Australia’s consumer insight provider Toluna has revealed some interesting facts about crypto adoption in the country. Singapore is considered a pro-crypto nation, and this survey only reinforces that revealing how pro-crypto regulations can impact crypto adoption. As per the survey, 93% of the country’s population have heard of cryptocurrencies while 43% of the total population own crypto.
A 43% crypto ownership is quite huge given countries like the USA only have a 6% ownership rate. The high crypto adoption rate is even higher among the younger population between the age group of 26-45 years. Singapore’s DBS bank has launched Asia’s first crypto fund in May.
The report said,
“As a key financial hub in Asia, Singapore has a high level of cross-border transactions, which means digital currency provides a real use case and potential benefits for its economy. This regulatory acceptance coupled with Singapore’s reputation as ASEAN’s fintech hub will make it a haven for cryptocurrency exchanges and startups over the next few years,”
The Payment Services Act, 2019 that came into effect in January this year made it mandatory for crypto exchanges to operate after acquiring a license from Singapore’s regulatory head Monetary Authority of Singapore. The regulations ensured that traders are safer against potential scam platforms.
Ethereum Twice as Popular Among Younger Generations
The survey revealed Ethereum, the second-largest crypto by market cap was twice as popular among the younger age group of 18-25 years of age. Bitcoin remained the top choice of participants in the survey. 74% of the people holding crypto made a profit on their investment, while 21% said they were going to invest in it but opted against it due to Covid related uncertainties.
Singapore has become a crypto hub in the Asian market because of its regulations, making it easier for crypto service providers to adhere to. The government support ensures protection for both, the investors as well as the crypto exchange. Singapore’s pro-crypto approach has a bullish impact on crypto adoption as visible from the survey. 2021 has proven to be a great year for crypto adoption in general with several crypto companies making their public debut.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long