Solana NFT marketplaces have proven to be one of the fastest growing NFT marketplaces, after their number of users skyrocketed to 250,000 traders in just the months of April and May. This is according to data from Dune Analytics.
Solana NFTs Making Rounds As A Big Game Player
A key moment in the NFT world was perpetrated by Solana and Moonbirds. April recorded a 23% increase from available data in March which saw $6.3 billion made in Solana NFT trading volume during the month.
In a monthly report from DappRadar, that was just the third time the trading volume was in excess of $6 billion.
With almost $300 million made in sales of NFT, Solana NFTs contributed about 0.0047% to the total trading volume, and struck a monthly increase of 91%.
Solana (SOL) has gained in its place as one of NFT’s key players due to its performance speed, low gas fees and security. Its big status is further confirmed by its record of a large number of NFTs and projects spread across NFTs, Defis and even more.
Coinbase NFT Vs Solana NFTs
With the growing success of NFTs, it’s not much of a surprise that Coinbase which is best known for being the second largest crypto exchange in the world has taken the initiative to launch its NFT platform too.
The company launched their NFT marketplace to the public on April 20th and according to a statistics on Dune Analytics, they’ve managed only a relatively meagre $688,688 in total earnings. Probably worse is the fact that the same data quoted the number of users to stand at just 1,287.
Despite launching on 20th April, it took until May 4th before the NFT marketplace was open to all and the same source stated a downward movement in the number of users.
OpenSea is known for being the largest NFT marketplace in the world and drawing a comparison between it and the fairly new established Coinbase marketplace, it’s made almost as much as $3.5 billion in volume of NFTs and with 350,000 users since Coinbase’s launch. That translates to over a 500,000% difference between the two.
An anonymous source with close ties to Coinbase questioned the data though. He argued the number of transactions was misunderstood for the number of users.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery