Solana (SOL), the native token on the popular proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain, became the sixth-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization following a stellar rally over the past week. The token jumped two spots in the list on Thursday, overtaking Ripple (XRP) and Cardano (ADA) while also avoiding broader weakness in the crypto market.
SOL jumped nearly 17% over the past seven days and was last trading around $120, its highest level since late-November. The token also rose 0.4% in the past 24 hours, while the broader crypto market fell around 5%.
The token surged through the second half of March, recovering sharply from a seven month low hit in the middle of the month. It had earlier this week overtaken Terra (LUNA) to take the no. 8 spot in the top 10 cryptocurrencies.
SOL sees bullish indicators as mid-March recovery extends
Popular twitter analyst @SmartContracter noted that SOL had shown a bullish morningstar pattern for March, indicating that it was set to recover further after losses earlier in the month. The token is up nearly 33% from its March lows of around $81.
@SmartContracter also noted that SOL’s Bitcoin (BTC) pair exhibited a “clear” ABC pattern, showing that the token was poised for more gains.
Institutional interest, videogame hopes boost Solana
SOL benefited from a slew of positive news through March. Last week, digital asset manager CoinShares, and world no. 3 crypto exchange FTX jointly launched an exchange-traded-product that offers SOL staking rewards without directly buying the token. The product is geared chiefly towards institutional investors, and is expected to draw a large amount of capital to SOL.
The token also makes up nearly a quarter of the weightage in a recently launched smart contracts fund by digital assets manager Grayscale. Large-scale trading by investment houses is credited with spurring a massive crypto rally in 2021, and as such, is usually a bullish indicator.
Krafton, developer of the wildly popular PUBG videogame, partnered with Solana Labs last week to develop blockchain games, drawing more attention to the token.
Ethereum’s planned shift to a PoS model has also spurred interest in other projects in the space. After recent gains, SOL is the second-largest player in the space.
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3